Monday, February 10, 2014

January 2014.

Hello friends.

What a fun year last year was... starting with the idea for the big heart baking company, creating the baking mix and then baking like crazy!! love a project that is concept to completion.
I was the first cottage food operation in my county!! my county contact and I  learned the regulations together.
Had a great time selling at the farmers market.
But here is the ugly reality.
The cottage food operation regulations do NOT allow you to have a mail order, online order business. you cannot mail your product. This is very limiting to the growth of the business. The only way to have mail order is to work from a licensed commercial kitchen.
Between the costs for the licenses, the cost of insurance, the cost of raw goods, the cost of farmers markets and not being able to ship, makes it near impossible to make a profit.
I realized I am not interested in taking this to the next level, a commercial kitchen.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the project. But at this point it is just that. my 2013 project.
I learned a lot!! I had a lot of fun!! and really did something outside of my comfort zone.
At this point. What I can offer is: the recipe for my baking mix so that you can make it at home!! $10 via paypal. and you are ready to go. Go to my website and print out all of the recipes. I am going to delete the site at the end of March.
Enjoy and happy baking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment