Thursday, May 2, 2013

almond meal or almond flour?

A lot alike, but also different.
How are they the same and how are they different?

I use almond meal in my mixes. I like the whole value of the almond. I like the denseness of the
baked goods. I like the ability of being able to use almond meal in so many recipes. I purchase my almond meal from a local almond facility that only processes almonds, a gluten free facility.

Found this article. Thought it was well worth sharing.

  • Almond flour and almond meal are baking ingredients used as healthier alternatives to wheat flour.
  • Almond flour is made from finely ground blanched almonds, while almond meal, from finely ground almonds including the skin.
  • Almond flour is best used for cakes, cookies and other pastries requiring finer, moister texture. Almond meal best suits dryer and courser pastries such as cream puff and wafer bases.
  • Both are gluten-free, high in protein, and low in carbohydrates and sugars. They include essential nutrients like iron, calcium, vitamin E and fiber.


  • Read more: Difference Between Almond meal and Almond flour | Difference Between | Almond meal vs Almond flour http://www.differencebetween.net/object/comparisons-of-food-items/difference-between-almond-meal-and-almond-flour/#ixzz2SCMOYwLL

    No comments:

    Post a Comment