Thursday, February 21, 2013

great news today!

While I was in town this week, I went into my favorite coffee shop and ran into not only the owner, but my friend who owns the Arnold Pantry which specializes in organic produce. While I was there I asked if either knew of a commercial kitchen for rent. A new law went into effect recently that allows for baking and such from your own kitchen on a small basis, as long as it is certified. I knew this but, I am a bit intimidated by this kind of process. They both said that the person in charge is super nice and helpful and gave me his direct number. So I got my courage together and called this morning. They were right. He is so nice and helpful. I start the paperwork process this weekend, and hope to be certified in a month.
So, what does this mean??? It will mean that I can sell my gluten free baked goods at the local farmers market this summer, I can sell wholesale to local coffee shops and I can sell my baking mixes just about anywhere.
I have a tendency to take on  more than I can handle, so this is going to be a huge challenge for me to keep manageable. I already know that I need to be very clear as to what my goals are, the hours I am able to work and where to get help if I need it.
Right now, my thoughts are to only sell at the local farmers market, a sell my baking mixes in person and online and to only sell wholesale to a handful of places. It will be super easy to find someone to help me pack and ship the mixes. And my focus will be on creating recipes and baked goods. So far so good.
Thought this was news worthy to share!! I will continue to update my progress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment