Monday, March 18, 2013

baby bundt almond macaroon cakes.

love love love my new baby bundt pans!! so cute, the volumne of 2 good size regular cupcakes!
i love filling the middle with frosting, crème or curd! i will make another batch in the next couple of days. i have very ripe bananas so banana cake is on it's way!!

my baby bundt pan, almond macaroon cakes were so amazing....
i was so excited about taking these to my knitting group, i forgot to take a picture. darn! so sorry.

well, life has been very full lately. and when i am stressed, i bake. made these amazing almond macaroon cakes with raspberry jam and coconut frosting this weekend.
the other thing i do when i am stressed is eat. i had to get them out of my house!! or i would have eaten every single one of them!! the ladies at my knitting group did a big thumbs up for them!!

i baked using my original baking mix which combines, almond, coconut and rice flour, white sugar and baking powder, adding eggs, coconut milk, butter and almond extract.
i haven't been baking with white sugar, and boy did it taste super sweet!
not sure if my body was so happy about it either.

i thought i would concentrate on a coconut flour only mix, but i was reminded that my most favorite of my mixes is the almond and coconut flour blend, eliminating the rice flour and with coconut nectar crystals for sweetening instead of white sugar.
this weekend's baking really confirmed that for me. so that is what i will concentrate on.

i will offer a nut free version by special request. (eliminate the almond flour)
so with this in mind. i will be making up some of the mixes, finalizing some recipes, and moving forward!! i will be in the bay area the first week of april if anyone is interested in trying out this mix!! i know i will be running a special on it, so keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment