Tuesday, March 19, 2013

two great ideas. need your feedback....

not sure why this happened today... but I was introduced to two amazing ideas that wrap around my love of gluten free baking. since I live in a tiny mountain town, I am really reaching out to my local neighbors for some feedback about both ideas here they are:

1. I was helping out at the school's book fair today and spotted this book, "America's most wanted recipes, just desserts. In this book are over 175 recipes that duplicate some of americ's most loved desserts found at well known restaurants. But none of them where gluten free!!! What if I took every one of the recipes in this book and translated them into a gluten free version?? and had them available by subscription on a blog?? I could work from home, my own hours.... I could offer one or two recipes a week at the farmers market? or have a weekly bake sale at my home?

2. So I dream big!! I would love to open a vintage cupcake shop in this little town. It would only bake and sell gluten free cupcakes and desserts. Well, I found the most perfect space today. it has been a bakery before, a restaurant before. lots of supplies are still there and useable, most of the equipment is working. two patios. lots of parking. on the main hwy. and next to the most successful restaurant in town. close to the elementary school. The owner is very flexible about re-designing the décor. With a lot of paint, some new flooring and table and chairs... it would be the cutest sweet shop. Obviously I can't do it all alone. I would need to find a couple of others to partner with... but the biggest question is "can this town support a business like this?". It would be perfect for birthday parties, tea parties, small meetings. And a place to come and have a cup of coffee and a cupcake.

3. I could combine #1 and #2.

please leave comments for me!!!

1 comment:

  1. my vintage bake shop dream is going to stay a dream. numbers don't make it. too small a town, and would rather collaborate with existing businesses instead of starting a new location.

    farmer's market is still on my radar though... figured it is a great venue to promote my gluten free, grain free, nut free baked goods and baking mixes!! going to start small and see what happens...

    kitchen certification next week!!

    ReplyDelete